For Immediate Release
January 11, 2022
LINDSAY, ON: Local MP Jamie Schmale is encouraging employers to apply for summer help through the Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) program. The CSJ application period is now open, and applicants have until Tuesday, January 25, 2022 to submit.
CSJ provides funding to not-for-profit organizations, public-sector employers and small businesses with 50 or fewer employees. CSJ program helps employers create quality summer job opportunities and provide valuable work experience for youth aged 15 to 30.
“I encourage local small businesses, and organizations to apply for funding. This program can benefit both employers and youth looking to gain experience,” said Schmale. “Last summer, over $1,900,000 was received in Haliburton-Kawartha Lakes-Brock and dispersed to over 100 different employers for a total of 537 jobs.”
For more information on the Canada Summer Jobs program, please visit https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/funding/canada-summer-jobs.html
Service Canada assesses applications on a constituency-by-constituency basis. Applications that support local priorities will receive additional points during Service Canada’s assessment.
Please note the following key dates:
- Applications are due by January 25, 2022
- Funding confirmations will be sent to employers starting in April 2022
- The earliest job start date is April 25, 2022
- The latest job start date is July 24, 2022
- The latest job end date is September 3, 2022
- The latest date to submit a payment claim is 30 days following the completion of the last Canada Summer Jobs-funded work placement.
For more information contact:
Jamie Schmale, MP
(705) 324-2400 or (866) 688-9881