The New Horizons for Seniors Program (NHSP) 2018-2019 has started its call for Proposals for Community-Based Projects that will help seniors stay active, engaged and informed. The application period will continue until June 15, 2018.
Organizations that want to help seniors make a difference in the lives of others and in their communities are eligible to receive federal grants and contributions funding. Projects must be led or inspired by seniors and address one or more of the following five program objectives:
- promoting volunteerism among seniors and other generations;
- engaging seniors in the community through the mentoring of others;
- expanding awareness of elder abuse, including financial abuse;
- supporting the social participation and inclusion of seniors; and
- providing capital assistance for new and existing community projects and/or programs for seniors.
MP Schmale is encouraging organizations to apply for funding. More information on how to apply is available here: https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/funding/new-horizons-seniors-community-based.html
DOWNLOAD the 2018-2019 NHSP Standard Grant Application for Funding.
- Eligible organizations can receive up to $25,000 in New Horizons for Seniors Program (NHSP) funding for community-based projects that are led or inspired by seniors.
- Based on Statistics Canada data from the 2016 census, there are now more seniors (5.9 million) than children (5.8 million). By 2061, they project 12 million seniors to 8 million children.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact our office (705) 324-2400 or (866) 688-9881.