January 30, 2020
LINDSAY: Local MP Jamie Schmale is encouraging employers to apply for summer help through the Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) program. The CSJ application period is now open and applicants have until Thursday, February 24, 2020 to submit.
CSJ provides funding to not-for-profit organizations, public-sector employers and small businesses with 50 or fewer employees. CSJ program helps employers create quality summer job opportunities and provide valuable work experience for youth aged 15 to 30.
“I encourage local small businesses, and organizations to apply for funding. This program can benefit both employers and youth looking to gain experience,” said Schmale. “Last summer, $949,494 was received in Haliburton-Kawartha Lakes-Brock and dispersed to over 115 different employers for a total of 289 jobs.”
For more information on the Canada Summer Jobs program, please visit https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/funding/canada-summer-jobs.html
Canada Summer Jobs 2020 – Local Priorities for Haliburton–Kawartha Lakes–Brock
Service Canada assesses applications on a constituency-by-constituency basis. Applications that support local priorities will receive additional points during Service Canada’s assessment.
- Support for a local event: Cultural events (including arts and festivals)
- Support for a specific type of project: Projects supporting not for profit organizations
- Support for a specific type of project: Projects supporting small businesses
- Support for projects in a specific economic sector: Tourism
- Other: Areas that do not have many summer jobs that experience seasonal summer populations
Please note the following key dates:
- applications are due by February 24, 2020
- the earliest job start date is May 11, 2020
- the latest job start date is Monday, July 20, 2020
- the latest job end date is Friday, August 28, 2020
- the latest date to submit a payment claim is 30 days following the completion of the Canada Summer Jobs-funded work placement
For more information contact:
Jamie Schmale, MP
(705) 324-2400 or (866) 688-9881